Many of my young clients loved making their own books. After the success of the All About Me book with clients, I created a Feelings Book that clients could write and illustrate.
There’s just something about making their very own “book” that hooks the kids in. They illustrate and write according to each feelings page.
At 12 pages long, each page lists a different feeling for the client to draw and write about.
As a therapeutic intervention, I would focus on 1-2 pages per session.
Possible questions I would ask a client during the intervention…
- What does your face look like when you feel ______?
- Can you show me on your face?
- Can you draw a picture of yourself when you feel _______?
- When you feel _______, what do you do?
- How do you know when you feel ________?
- What makes you feel _______?
- (For emotions like sad, worried, ashamed, angry) — What makes you feel better? What do you do to calm down? What do you do to help yourself feel better?
Once we finished the book, we poked holes using the 3-hole puncher. Then we tied the pages together with yarn.
You can purchase this Feelings Book for $1.00 for a digital download on my Teachers Pay Teachers store. Click here to view.